HELLO

Welcome to the blog of my Wild Flower Meadow for 2015.
A bit late starting this year due to nasty persistent virus that was so difficult to eradicate.
Sadly this may be the last year I may be keeping a blog for my meadow . The house and acre of land will be going on the market in the not too distant future . The new owners may put the land back to grazing or development who knows .
I sincerely hope not.
I hope it will be as loved and nurtured as It has been since I started it in 2006
In the mean time I will endeavour to keep the blog up to date with lots of pictures showing how the plants and wildlife play out in 2015 .I hope you enjoy viewing it as much as I do producing it.
Please pop back from time to time to see the new additions and feel free to add any comments

Thursday 14 July 2011

plants for 2012

Cutting with an Allan scythe
I cant believe its time already to start thinking about plants for next years meadow. I want to have a really wide selection for the bees and insects. Today I started collecting seed from the plats that have gone over a  I also cleared the first island bed cut and removed the hay and flowers and planted the plugs of Bloody Cranesbill. I sowed the seeds only 4 weeks ago they came through in a couple of days and I picked them out  into 2" pots when I looked yesterday they had filled their pots with roots so they had to be planted out.The weather has been so dry I had to put the sprinkler on for about 4 hours so I could remove the plug of soil and plant the little plants.I finally finished planting at 9.35 pm . No wonder I'm not getting time for painting . (my second love is botanical painting)
Hay loaded onto trailer to be given to the hens to scratch through




All cleared away and ready to plant

Bloody Cransbill Geranium sanguineum plugs ready to go in


No comments:

Post a Comment