HELLO

Welcome to the blog of my Wild Flower Meadow for 2015.
A bit late starting this year due to nasty persistent virus that was so difficult to eradicate.
Sadly this may be the last year I may be keeping a blog for my meadow . The house and acre of land will be going on the market in the not too distant future . The new owners may put the land back to grazing or development who knows .
I sincerely hope not.
I hope it will be as loved and nurtured as It has been since I started it in 2006
In the mean time I will endeavour to keep the blog up to date with lots of pictures showing how the plants and wildlife play out in 2015 .I hope you enjoy viewing it as much as I do producing it.
Please pop back from time to time to see the new additions and feel free to add any comments

Monday 16 April 2012

The Meadow Mid April

This  is how the meadow looks today on the 15th April sides and islands defined and the central section mowed but not a lot of colour yet 

Lovely Carder Bee topping up on nectar I think we have 4 different Bumble Bees that visit or reside in my meadow .I'll have to take a really careful look this year . 
 This tiny little flower could have been so easily overlooked the flower itself being only 7mm across with such beautiful markings on the inside.A little treasure.
 Another tiny beauty but its deep violet flowers won't let this one be overlooked
This Purple Dead Nettle comes in several shades in my meadow and garden so pretty
Now that most of the meadow has been sown and the perennial plants established the only way to add to the diversity is for me to grow additional plants in plugs in the greenhouse and then add them in groups . This tool is my best friend it removes a neat plug quickly, easily and efficiently with the minimum of effort. I bought it as a bulb planter but soon realised it would be perfect for adding plug grown plants.Its called LITTLE PLUGGER I bought it on line but can't find the manufacturer now otherwise I would have added a web site to go with it .

No comments:

Post a Comment