Things don’t always go as we plan . I thought I was creating a lovely Irish wild flower section in the meadow but it wasn’t to be . I don’t know what happened a huge amount of rape suddenly appeared .We pulled out hundreds but after the heavy rain there were thousands not hundreds and all flowering at 2 to 3 inches high. The only solution was to treat it with Round Up ..If left it the whole meadow would be covered in a couple of years.
The only way I think it could of happened is it must have been in the hen food. I had put some hen manure there when cleaning the hen pen before I transferred it to the compost heap
Rather than leave it empty I have filled the space with plug meadow plants I had coming on in the greenhouse and lots of nectar rich plants from the garden. I have also sown more meadow seeds and some annuals as well.
I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and see how it works